- Based in Bethnal Green
- Up to £32k
We are looking for someone who can provide excellent first and second line support – you’ll be someone who thrives on challenge, likes solving problems and enjoys dealing with people.
We’re Penelope (www.wearepenelope.co.uk) – a managed service provider, providing IT support and services to charities and social enterprises across London.
We try to be a little different – so our clients actually like working with us, and we put our efforts into how we can provide them with the most innovative and efficient systems as well as offering great service and support.
You’ll be joining a team of approachable friendly 'Nerds' who know their stuff and we can promise you that you’ll never get bored working at Penelope.
We’re a fast growing company and you’ll be joining us at an exciting time.
About the role
You’ll also have a strong focus on technology and experience with a range of desktop and networking systems as well as cloud technologies to offer support to our clients.
We’re after someone who is smart, capable and eager to learn to join our team in supporting our charitable and social enterprise clients across London.
- Experience working in an IT Service Desk Environment
- Experience of working within an ITIL or SDI environment
- Industry specific qualifications or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Knowledge in ticketing systems and support processes
- Well-structured way of working and troubleshooting/problem solving ability
- Experience in working with 3rd party suppliers and support providers
IT Technical Skills
- Win 7 & 10 OS support and configuration knowledge
- Office 365 and/or Gsuite support and configuration knowledge
- Device operations and maintenance of Desktop PCs, Notebooks
- Smartphone & Tablet support (iOS/Android)
- Any experience with network principles (Desirable)
- Experience with Mac OS (Desirable)
- Experience in MDM solutions (Desirable)
- Imaging and deployment experience (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills; ability to engage and build rapport with people at all levels
- The ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Relentless drive for improvement – enhance the business and aid personal credibility
- Have the confidence to work within an energetic and experienced Service Desk team
- Be self-motivated to troubleshoot and resolve desktop issues
- Speak openly about genuine interests in the field of IT
- To build strong relationships with colleagues both within and outside of the IT team
What we're offering
- A full-time position
- A supportive, stimulating and nurturing environment - a place where you can thrive
- A fun office environment with some smart, nice and sociable colleagues.
- A negotiable salary up to £32k depending on experience
- 30 days holiday
- Local gym membership if you’d like it
- Opportunity to grow with us, access to training and further qualifications
- A good pension
Please supply a covering letter and CV – ideally with some examples of previous IT projects that you were involved in. Send all of this to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries please contact Ginny Lee, Development Manager at Penelope via email email@example.com phone 020 3559 1133