2nd & 3rd Line Systems Engineer - based in Bethnal Green
Up to £45K
We're looking for a capable 2nd and 3rd line Systems Engineer to join our team – you’ll have worked for at least 6 years across a variety of platforms and systems and you’ll be good at what you do and wanting a new challenge. It’s a varied role and will include support and development across a range of different systems and the latest technologies, servers, cloud/Azure-based environments and more. You’ll gain lots of exposure to different systems and have an opportunity to specialise in the technologies you’d like to.
We’re Penelope (www.wearepenelope.co.uk). We provide IT support and services to charities and social enterprises across London from our offices in Bethnal Green. We’re a small + friendly team (currently 10) and we’re growing so we’re looking for someone to join us at an exciting time.
About the role
We have an exciting and challenging role as a Systems Engineer. We are looking for an experienced problem-solver who thrives on challenge and who has the right skills and innovative approach to providing great IT solutions to our clients.
With a strong focus on technology, you will have a strong technical understanding of deploying Microsoft technologies especially support for on-premise server environments as well as Azure.
We’re looking for someone with a experience in implementing systems, building infrastructure as well as solving problems. You will be smart, ambitious and someone who thrives on challenge and who has the right skills and innovative approach to providing great IT solutions to our clients.
The right candidate will have a strong background in supporting users/clients and systems through remote and on-site support. You will be good at communicating and coming up with clever and long-lasting solutions for organisations of all sizes. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as you will be a part of helping us grow and provide our clients with great service.
- Good customer service skills - in person and over the phone
- At least seven years service support and systems experience
- Excellent problem solving skills with a proactive attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills - multitasking is a must
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exchange 2007 – 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 – 2012 / 2016
- Azure & Office 365 deployments
- Troubleshooting, managing and deploying Hyper-V or VMWare
- Experience of system migrations, system recovery and security
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 – 10 operating systems
- Wide range of other desktop software
- Networking skills - WiFi, TCP/IP, DNS, VLAN etc
- The right to work in the UK
- Experience migrating systems to the Cloud (Office 365 & Google)
- Experience working with Cisco switches / firewalls
- VPN / Remote users / Site to site support
- Some experience supervising colleagues
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent advanced studies / training
- At least seven years in an IT support environment
- A certified MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) and ideally working towards MCSE
What we’re offering
- A full-time position
- A supportive, stimulating and nurturing environment - a place where you can thrive
- A fun office environment with some clever colleagues
- A negotiable salary up to £45K dependant upon experience
- 32 days holiday
- Local gym membership
- Opportunity to grow with us - access to training and further qualifications
- Pension scheme
Please supply a covering letter and CV – ideally with some examples of previous IT projects that you were involved in. Send all of this to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries please contact Ginny Lee, Development Manager at Penelope via email email@example.com or phone 020 3559 1133